Saturday 2 July 2011

Licentiate qualification achieved from the SWPP

I am very pleased to announce my work has been assessed by a panel of professional photographers at the Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers (SWPP). I have gained the Licentiate qualification in wedding photography (LSWPP).

This is a great and an important achievement, obtaining a Licentiate qualification proves my wedding photography work is of a suitable and professional standard. Over the last 8 years I have been producing photographs at a professional level. In the present industry climate when anyone with a decent digital camera believes they are a professional photographer, I felt I needed to add more substance to my qualification portfolio and achieving this very strict and high standard qualification is a great way to prove this.

Future bride and groom’s, need to carry out as much research about the photographer as possible, they need to view a large portfolio of work, read reviews, be recommended by previous clients, confirm the qualifications the photographer has gained. These are just a few of the important factors to consider. Even though budgets are key elements of any wedding, if you pay £200 for your wedding photographer then you need to expect a low standard of photographic skill and creative quality. The saying “You get what you pay for!” is very, very true, especially in this line of work.

Some of the images which achieved the Licentiate qualification are attached below.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.